CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Where do you stand?

Yay! Finally got into a composing mood so perhaps...maybe...well...I got a chorus here and a verse there so I am heading somewhere at least. When I have something viable then I will put it up ^^ Will be going to a studio this Friday just to jam with a friend of mine as well as listen to a few of his own compositions. Hopefully we might be able to come up with something. Would be kinda cool though.

That's the thing about worship. It is really uplifting even in the lowest of times. And when you don't feel like worshiping, don't worry. Just keep pressing in and remember that worship is not about making YOU feel good it's about declaring how good God is. ^^ Worship really reflects the lifestyle of a person and also one's spiritual maturity. Which is pretty cool.

Sad to say that our church hasn't gone very far in that area at least. Not that I'm expecting loud music and the 70 year olds to be jumping about but have you seen people who really worship God? I mean like REALLY worship. They don't really care who they are with or what they are doing or whose worship leading or if a musician is playing a part right or what song is being sung! They just go all out to worship! I confess that I am not one such. I still occasionally keep an ear out but I'm trying not to. It's helping a lot when I really don't feel like worshiping.

I...have a confession to make however.

Just last Sunday when Rev. Sos gave the altar call, it was a rare time when I was prompted to open my eyes. Lo and behold, I saw before me the multitudes, sitting behind...not standing up...or raising their hands...some leaving the service...or going to the...washroom...

That broke my heart. I was so angry!

You pray for an open heaven but how can we have an open heaven if your heart is not even given to God!? Did you think you could pretend to look holy so that when others pray and receive and open heaven you would be able to share in that as well!?

NO!

Why do you think an open heaven comes!?

It's when the ENTIRE congregation prays EARNESTLY for it. NOT for its signs and wonders but to bask in the glory of God! I found at camp as well, not that I was judging but what the Lord impressed on me, that when Ps. Jeremiah and Ps. Ronnie spoke of weight loss and gold teeth, the church got very excited!

But what were they excited about!? The signs!? That's wrong! How can you be excited about the signs when you don't know the sign-giver!? When you don't love the sign-giver!? How dare you expect signs from Him then!?

Sigh...what Rev. Sos said was right. Our church is only fulfilling 10% of its capacity but even after he said that, only 10% came forward for prayer! What is wrong with these people!?

And I am speaking to the youths as well. Don't you DARE go to the toilet during altar call! That's the best part of the service, the time when God speaks to you! And you go off to the toilet!? You had so many opportunities after worship, before service, during the word. Why can't you go then!?

Sigh...what our church needs is not only a wake-up call. Perhaps my prayers have been wrongly directed. We don't need a wake-up call. We need personal convictions in each and everyone of our hearts in order for the church to move. And until that happens, our church is never going to fulfill its true potential in Christ.

Want to know what a REAL church looks like? Go to Acts after the Holy Spirit descends. THAT is the actual church. Not us with our hierarchy, need to please Man, feeling the 'strains' of service, leaving the POWER and RESPONSIBILITY of prayer to the leaders, wondering why there aren't any 'COOL' songs during worship, thinking altar call is the end of the service...

The list goes on...

What does that say about you now...?

REPENT! Even as I pray for my own forgiveness, check your own lives! Because do you know what is the first sign of revival...?

Repentance.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

respect u for saying the things u did...

and yes... we need to repent.. . and repent fast !!!

=)

Oliver said...

yes yes i kno i also see the same things....just wonder y it always the case...but i do admit at times i do go toilet while musician up the stage i'm into toilet....

wonder y do ppl always go altar call is it cause wat the speaker said or to receive wat they want or cause God call....tat's y i rather not simply go altar call unless God convicts....

Shannon said...

it doesnt mean u go to every single alter call ........

for me, i only go if i know that
1. the speaker is talking my situation
2. i need prayer that the pastor is offering
3. when i need to recommit myself by making that step of faith to put down all pride and dignity and admit that i do need help..i need HIM...

don't just go for the sake of going or just for the sake of getting attention (like some do)...that's has been my stand..

go with a sincere heart...

you made a point by saying you rather not simply go unless u are convicted..

but i think what daniel meant was .. please respect the alter call session and take that opportunity to worship and focus on God even if you dont go up for prayer.

btw,i might be wrong but that's what i understand after reading his post

*smiles*

=)

Oliver said...

well actually i post cos i terkena say go toilet but then from the start of the service it shud alredy b respectful to God...not just altar call but ppl (mostly youths and some adults...yes i not joking some parents)take this opportunity to get out of church early for various reasons i noticed myself wen i decide to visit the toilet (cold la inside the hall so the container full alredy-lol).

It's very disrespectful to people in front who at the altar but more disrespectful to God who is in our midst. I wonder how they feel wen ppl go their hse and do as they like....

i don't think anything can be done about it la tis is human related issues and i kno wen it comes to human it is hard only God can convict them....

HEY SIM.......RELAX.....maybe you try wat Jesus did scold them that might turn the church around.....lol

Ellipsis said...

Wah...looks like fencing here to me :p

^^ Shannon's right. I did mean honour the altar call. Though Oliver has a point as well. We should not only be honouring God during the altar call but every day of our lives.

And guys, you're pretty accurate there when you said people go up just because they want to get what they want or for publicity's sake.

Of course, we should only go up when God convicts. But for me, God sometimes doesn't convict because I already know I need to go up because the preacher is speaking directly into my situation.

It's like I am asking God if I can sin or not. The answer is very obvious and all He does is stare at me with knowing eyes ^^